06/06/2023 0 Comments
Deep Cleaning Cork: Your Questions Answered
As one of Cork’s most established cleaning companies, we have built a reputation for the quality of our deep cleans. We have assisted landlords, post-tenants and homeowners in preparing their homes before a sale. A deep clean is essential, even to freshen up a property. Before a deep clean, our clients sometimes have questions. To make this information more accessible, please see the below question and answers.
What does deep cleaning mean?
Deep cleaning is a thorough and intensive cleaning process beyond regular maintenance cleaning. It focuses on areas and tasks often overlooked or not included in routine cleaning. Deep cleaning removes accumulated dirt, grime, dust, and bacteria from various surfaces and places in your home.
Deep cleaning typically involves a more detailed and meticulous approach, requiring extra time, effort, and attention to ensure a higher level of cleanliness. It may include scrubbing, disinfecting, and organising spaces not part of regular cleaning routines.
What is included in a deep house cleaning?
A deep house cleaning typically involves comprehensive home cleaning beyond regular maintenance cleaning tasks. While specific services may vary depending on the cleaning company or individual, here are some common areas and functions that are often included in a deep house cleaning:
- General cleaning: Dusting and wiping down surfaces, including furniture, countertops, shelves, and light fixtures.
- Floor cleaning: Sweeping, vacuuming, or mopping all types of flooring, including carpets, hardwood, tile, or laminate.
- Kitchen cleaning: Cleaning and sanitising countertops, sinks, appliances (such as oven, refrigerator, and microwave), cabinets (inside and out), and backsplash and removing grease and grime from stove and range hood.
- Bathroom cleaning: Thoroughly cleaning and disinfecting toilets, sinks, showers, bathtubs, and tiles and removing soap scum, mould, and mildew.
- Window and blind cleaning: Washing windows from the inside, including frames and sills. Dusting and cleaning blinds or window coverings.
- Wall and baseboard cleaning: Removing dust, marks, and smudges from walls, baseboards, and other visible surfaces.
- Deep carpet cleaning: If applicable, deep clean carpets using steam or other specialised methods to remove deep-seated dirt and stains.
- Upholstery cleaning: Vacuuming and spot cleaning furniture upholstery or scheduling professional upholstery cleaning if necessary.
- Inside appliance cleaning: Cleaning the interiors of appliances like the oven, refrigerator, and dishwasher.
- Dusting and cleaning of hard-to-reach areas: Dusting and cleaning high shelves, ceiling fans, light fixtures, vents, and other sites that are often overlooked during regular cleaning.
- Removing cobwebs: Clearing cobwebs from corners, ceilings, and other areas.
- Deep cleaning of hard surfaces: Scrubbing and sanitising tiles, grout, and other hard surfaces.
- Cleaning and organising cabinets and closets: Wiping down shelves, removing clutter, and organising items.
- Disinfection: Using suitable cleaning agents to sanitise surfaces and reduce the spread of germs and bacteria.
Why is a deep clean important?
A deep clean is essential for several reasons:
- Removes accumulated dirt and grime: Over time, dust, dirt, and other debris can accumulate in hard-to-reach areas and surfaces. A deep clean helps eliminate this buildup, improving your home's overall cleanliness and hygiene.
- Eliminates bacteria and germs: Deep cleaning often involves thorough disinfection of surfaces, which helps kill bacteria, viruses, and other harmful microorganisms. This can reduce the risk of illnesses and infections, especially in high-touch areas like bathrooms and kitchens.
- Improves indoor air quality: Deep cleaning includes vacuuming carpets, cleaning upholstery, and dusting surfaces, which helps remove allergens, dust mites, and other airborne particles that can contribute to poor indoor air quality. This can be particularly beneficial for individuals with allergies or respiratory conditions.
- Extends the lifespan of surfaces and materials: Regular deep cleaning helps maintain the condition of various surfaces and materials in your home. For example, deep carpet cleaning can remove dirt and stains that, if left untreated, could lead to carpet deterioration. Keeping surfaces clean and well-maintained can help prolong their lifespan and save on replacement or repair costs.
- Enhances the aesthetics of your home: Deep cleaning can give your home a fresh and rejuvenated look. Removing dirt, stains, and grime can restore the appearance of surfaces, furniture, and fixtures, making your living space more inviting and visually appealing.
- Creates a healthier living environment: A clean and well-maintained home promotes a healthier living environment for you and your family. Deep cleaning reduces the presence of allergens, mould, and bacteria, which can help prevent respiratory issues, allergies, and other health problems.
- Prepares for special occasions or events: Deep cleaning is often undertaken before special occasions, holidays, or events when you want your home to look its best. It allows you to tackle the more intensive cleaning tasks that may not be part of your regular cleaning routine, ensuring your home is ready for guests or celebrations.
For more information on the details of our deep cleaning Cork services, please get in touch with our experts today.